Tổng số bài gửi : 2
Điểm : 7
Được Cảm ơn : 0
Tham gia : 05/09/2009
|Tiêu đề: 10 SMALL TIPS TO ENLARGE YOUR VOCABULARY Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:38 pm
10 SMALL TIPS TO ENLARGE YOUR VOCABULARYTo those who begin to study foreign languages, vocabulary is a “not smoothly going” problem. Many wonder why they can’t remember new words having studied before although they write these words again and again. The following are 10 small tips to help you study vocabulary better.
- Learn the words which are related together. When you are learning countryside description words such as valley, stream, meadow, don’t be confused with words that describe things in the city, for example, hydrant, or words descried characteristics. Words related together often appear at the same time, and it will be easier for you to remember them together.
- Learn vocabulary in fields that you are interested in. if you are interested in art or football, read about these topics. Maybe you know a lot of words describing a picture, a football match in tour first language, but you don’t know what they are called in English. So, try to lookup the dictionaries. Remember things that you are interested in and they are a part of yourself-if you don’t know how to express them; these things maybe make you anxious!
- Have a picture dictionary. It will help you remember new words based on looking at the pictures inside the dictionary.
- Use video tapes. Next times, when watching a film, write 5 or 10 things you have seen in first language, and then look up those in the dictionary; watch that film again and after that practice the ways to use them.
- Record a tape of vocabulary. While you are walking, driving or waiting for the bus, listen to that tape. First of all, pronounce those words in your mother tongue language, and then stop to pronounce them in English.
- Purchase a dictionary that has words arranged according to their meanings. That is a set of synonyms and antonyms. Try to use various words. Certainly sometimes you may use an unsuitable word, but that is not a big problem; you can correct that later.
- Practice new words while writing an essay. If you have a writing assignment, take out word you’ve studied, and use them in your writing.
- Practice new words while doing grammar exercises. Don’t waste too much valuable opportunities to use your vocabulary.
- Practice new words while speaking. List 5 words that you intend to use them in your class. Try to use them in your discussing.
- Read as much as possible. Reading various can not only improve your reading skill, but it also upgrades your vocabulary. In passage, usually there are many words related together, and you can guess their meanings based on words that have been learning before./.